Grace has LOVED school so far. My office is right next door to her class, so I get to peek in at her all day. My office has a window overlooking the playground, so I get to watch as she plays outside too. It's hard to not let her be a huge distraction, but I'm still getting a lot of work done. She plays with her classmates really well (with the one exception of her biting another student! But she only did it once, and has now done really well.) They color, paint, glue, read, learn numbers and colors and animals, and listen to Bible stories. She's constantly saying something new she learned at school. It's amazing to me how fast she picks stuff up! I guess they read the story of the tortoise and the hare, because she started running through the house, from door to door, saying "I'm fast like a rabbit!" Then she goes really slow and says "I'm slow like a turtle!" Then it's back to the rabbit. She wears herself out running. It's so cute! I'm going to try to get it on video, but it seems every time she does it, she's just in a pair of panties, so I'd prefer to have some clothes on her for a video. (When I get the video, I'll post it on facebook.)
Speaking of panties, we've been potty training! I think tonight I'll be able to say that she is officially potty-trained. We have had 4 days at home, with the exception of Sunday at church, and she's done really well wearing panties and not having accidents. I'm so glad to be out of changing diapers! She'll still wear them for nap time and at night, but 2 diapers a day is doable. I can't wait to see the change in our grocery bill from not buying diapers! :)
School is going well for John too. He emails me periodically saying that he had a great class that day. He really loves his students and really enjoys teaching too. Unfortunately, sports aren't going that great. We barely have enough high school boys to field a 6-man team. We had to forfeit our game last week because we were down too many. Hopefully this week, we'll be able to play. For junior high, we have enough players, but we got rained out last week. It's strange for me to be so far into the season and not have seen a game yet. (John had a couple of out-of-town scrimmages and games that I didn't attend.) I really hope our games Friday work out so I can go.
My work has gone really well. I have 3 jobs. (and I only work 3 days a week!) They are: 1. scheduling parent volunteer assignments for athletic events; 2. In charge of acquisitions for our big fundraiser in February; and 3. Writing grant proposals. So far, I've done a lot for 1 and 3 and haven't even started 2, which is funny, considering 2 was the main reason I was hired! The volunteer assignment stuff has been challenging, but good. I learned a lot from this fall season, and basketball season will be much more streamlined. Grant writing has gone really well. Our school has already been awarded a grant for PE curriculum. I've applied for one other, and am in the process of writing 2 more. I'm praying that some of these work out for us!
1 comment:
YAY! GRACE!!! No more diapers!!!
Shannon, your new job sounds wonderful! :)
Post a Comment