Tuesday, August 31, 2010

The little things...

It's the little things that make me really like this apartment. All the fixtures have been replaced, so instead of the normal brass that most apartment complexes have, they are brushed silver. It makes things look more modern and new. Even the ceiling fans are new! It all looks so nice. The walls aren't white, either. They are an off-white/cream color. So much better than solid white like our old place. Even though the bedrooms are smaller, I like them. I like that we've had to pare down our stuff. I like having to be more organized, because if I'm not, I don't have room.

Grace really loves this apartment. She thinks it is so cool to share a room with Annabelle. She also loves having her own bathroom. It's really funny when John uses it and Grace asks him why he uses hers. It's cute. She's also always asking if Annabelle can play with her in their room. I'll put Annabelle in the exersaucer and let them "play". So adorable!! The girls are growing and changing constantly. Right now, as I type this, Grace is giving Annabelle kisses and making her laugh. Annabelle loves her big sister! The other day, she was cracking up laughing at Grace. Annabelle is now rolling over both ways. She's very close to sitting up too. She can sit for a few seconds unassisted before she starts to fall over. I can't believe she's almost 5 months old!!!

I'm excited for this week. Grace starts ballet classes tomorrow morning, and we'll start our Community Bible Study on Thursday morning. I'm looking forward to getting to know some women through both of these places. I'm choosing to be very optimistic about friendships here. The last 2 years were very rough for me, so I'm going to try very hard to make sure that this season of life is different. We went to a church Sunday that was very big on being intentional about relationships. It really spoke to me, because that's what I want. I want a church that encourages its members to connect on deeper levels and provides multiple opportunities to do so.

Life is good!!


No comments: