A couple of months later, John's dad found another "Lucy." This one was in a pink, springtime dress. Same hair, same size, identical to the first Lucy except for the dress.. All was right with Grace's world again. Everyone who saw Grace knew who Lucy was. She was a part of Grace. Eventually, after we moved back to Texas, Grace drifted towards other dolls, and Lucy was relegated to the toy bin.
Now Annabelle is at an age where we would like to introduce a "lovey" so she can have the calming influence that Lucy gave. Grace decided that Annabelle shouldn't just have a doll like Lucy; Annabelle needs LUCY. After a few nights, Annabelle is now attached. It is so sweet to see Annabelle snuggling the same baby Grace had.
2 comments:
That is so sweet of Grace!!
I am wondering what Glow will attach to - the doll in her crib? Her pink elephant? Maybe I should be introducing something that I can easily find a backup for... :)
So sweet! Caleb was first attached to a soft duck... but it got lost somewhere in New Orleans. Now he carries "Puppy Dog" all over the house. I LOVE to peek in his room in the morning while he is still asleep. He always has puppy dog tucked under his cheek.
Post a Comment