Monday, December 1, 2008

The end of football season

Our season ended Saturday. Unfortunately, we lost, but we are so proud of our team for making it to the final four. They had a great season and made it farther than anyone thought they would. Go Knights!

Last night, we decorated for Christmas. Grace wanted to help. It was so cute! I uploaded some pics on Facebook if you want to check them out. I will share a couple here, with a funny story that had me laughing so hard I was crying. I'm starting to laugh already just thinking about it. (This may be one of those "you had to be there" stories, but I'm going to share it anyway!)

We have red ball ornaments that we were hanging on the tree. Grace was helping us put them on, and was doing a great job, handing them to us. I don't know if she ever quite understood what she was doing, but this is what it looked like.

Grace decided she wanted to pull it off, so she just grabbed the ornament and pulled it off. She separated it from the gold holder on top, leaving just the red ball with a hole in it. I told her, "No, Grace, leave them on the tree." I looked down at whatever was in my hand, and when I looked up, I saw that Grace had helped me by putting it back on the tree, in her own special way.


(Notice the rest of the ornament still hanging there!)

I'm amazed she was able to get it on the tree like that! Unfortunately, I scared her when I was laughing so hard, but it was so funny!!

1 comment:

ArmyforChrist said...

That is pretty amazing that she was able to get it on the tree like that. John pulled one of our ball ornaments off, and pulled so hard it broke it. Oops!!