- She is a football fan already. She can look at a team logo and know that it's football. John had a paper from a DVD that had all the NFL logos on it, but no footballs. She picked it up, pointed to each logo, and said, "football" (actually "baball" but she means football.) She's learning what the Ohio State emblem looks like, too, and connects it to football.
- While we were in Ohio, she learned to say "night-night" when she's ready to go to bed. We just have to say, "are you ready for night-night?" and she starts waving bye and heading to bed. She recognizes what we wear to bed, too, like pajama pants. I gave John a pair of pajama pants for Christmas that has the Houston Texans logo all over it, and she knows that when he wears them, he's getting ready for bed. (And of course, when she sees the emblem, she says "football".)
So while we were at the Urgent Care center, a college student walked in, wearing an OSU hoodie and OSU pajama pants. Grace saw her, walked up to her, pointed to the pants, and said "night-night." I was so embarrassed! It was so funny, though, and I don't think the girl picked up on it, which is good. I couldn't believe she did that, for many reasons! She connected football pajama pants to night-night because of John's Texans pants. She is such a smart little girl!! We really need to work on manners, though!! haha
2 comments:
This post was so funny! Love how Grace is making connections!
Thanks for your comment. My sister-in-law offered me a glass of wine at Christmas solely for the purpose of finding out if I were pregnant. :) I didn't pick up on it at first, so I refused the wine and then ALL of the eyebrows around the table shot up!
Also thanks for the encouragment. I do not feel like I have done so much for her; this has been a good time of reflecting on what really matters and what will be of eternal value in our interactions. I'm praying to see that more clearly.
This is funny, one of those moments that are side splitting. Kids are so smart.
Post a Comment