Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Singing

John and I sing a lot to Grace. And I mean A LOT. We are always singing to her. We make up songs while we brush her teach, give her a bath, get her dressed, etc. We also sing already-written songs to her. She's starting to sing back to us. I've been trying to teach her to clean up, so I'm singing the clean-up song. (Clean up, clean up, everybody, everywhere. Clean up, clean up, everybody do your share.) Recently, she's started singing back, or even started by herself if I say, "Ok, time to clean up!" She just says "keen up" over and over. It's so cute.

A few weeks ago, she was digging in my wallet (which she was NOT supposed to be doing!) and she found a gift card that had a picture of a cupcake with a candle. She started singing "birthday... to you" over and over! It was so sweet! I didn't even know she even knew that song. She hasn't been around that song often the last few months, but she somehow knew it and sang it! (I took a video of it, so if you want to see it, check it out on my facebook page.) 

The best song, though, happened this morning. I went in when she woke up, and as she sat up in bed, she started singing "Jesus loves me"! She's been saying "Jesus... me...Bible" but this morning, she actually sang "Jesus loves me"! She also started doing the hand motions!! I'm so amazed at her development! (I'll try to get a video of this too, but she gets very camera-shy sometimes!)

The past few months have just amazed me. Her vocabulary has grown so much, and she's so active! She loves to jump, dance, and walk on her tip-toes. Every time she hears music, she dances. If I say "jump" she just jumps all around the room! She is now climbing up on to the changing table by herself! (I told John he needs to anchor it to the wall now!) She loves to climb as much as she can. (In face, about a month or so ago, we visited some friends, and she climbed the ladder on the bunk bed! I stood right behind her, but I didn't help her until she needed to get over the top rail. She did it all on her own! At 21 months!! I guess that's what taught her how to get on the changing table.) 

I love my little girl!!!

1 comment:

The Zinn family said...

This is such a fun age, they start turning into little people. Its great!