Friday, June 5, 2009

Latest update

Time flies!!! It's been several weeks since my last post, and I don't know where it went! The biggest thing that happened since my last post is that Grace turned 2! Wow, crazy to think I have a 2-year old now! We had a very fun birthday party. Some friends of ours let us use their house for the party, which was great because they have a swimming pool. Grace's cousins came up and Grace had a blast playing with them! I love to watch Grace with her cousins. She gets so excited whenever she sees them.

John's parents were able to fly in for the weekend. Grace loved waking them up every morning and crawling into bed with them. It was so cute. It was a good visit.

Grace's cake was a lot of fun. For a couple of months, anytime I mentioned "cake" or "birthday cake", Grace would respond, "I want a Dora cake!" She was so excited about having a Dora cake, so I couldn't disappoint her.

I'm very proud of this cake. Grace LOVED it! She got so excited when she saw it. It made my day!

Jump forward a few weeks... This week our church is hosting VBS. I volunteered to help with registration, so Grace gets to attend a class for 2-year olds. (Our church offers classes for 0-3 for workers kids, and 4 and up for everyone.) She's been having a blast!! This afternoon, we were at my neighbor's house, and Grace was holding a pen and acting like she was shooting with it, complete with sound effects. I thought, "That's strange. She's never done that before." I asked, "Grace, did the boys in your class teach you that?" Of course, she said yes. I laughed and thought that she'd probably say yes to any question I asked about it. I said, "Which boy taught you that today?" She laughed and said, "Jesus!"

I'm glad I have a daughter who can make me laugh so much!! :)


No comments: