Thursday, December 10, 2009

It's been forever since I updated this! Every time I think about updating it, I am just too tired to think about something to write. I'm amazed at how exhausting this pregnancy is. I have to remind myself that when I was pregnant with Grace, I wasn't chasing a toddler around and wasn't working, so I was able to rest a lot more than I am now. I try to nap when she does sometimes, but other times, I just have to get stuff done. At least now I'm starting to get more energy. I hit 22 weeks this weekend, so I'm over the halfway point! It's a nice feeling.

Work is going ok. It goes back and forth between being busy and being boring, but once we go back to school in January, it is going to be CRAZY!!! One of my big job duties is working on our annual fundraiser that will happen at the beginning of February, so we'll have a lot to do in January. I'll be working almost full-time. I'll be able to apply my extra hours to some of the days I'll miss once I have the baby, so I'll get a paycheck longer, which is nice. I'm glad our school is so flexible!

Grace is growing and changing so much! She's almost 3 feet tall, but is as skinny as a rail! Her 2T clothing falls off her waist, but barely fits her in the arms and leg length. She's definitely going to be tall like her daddy! She's constantly talking and singing and dancing. She is so much fun now! It amazes me sometimes that we can actually have a conversation! She loves talking about the new baby, and pats my belly any chance she gets. When I wake her up in the mornings, one of the first things she says is "Baby! There's the baby!" She's convinced the baby is a girl, even though we haven't found out yet. We ask her what the name should be and she says "umm, baby sister!" We say, "What if it is a boy?" "baby sister!" She's so cute.

We're into basketball season now. Tonight was our first home game. Unfortunately, since John is coaching varsity, his games start later, so we didn't get to stay for the whole game. Poor Grace was so tired. (Of course, she got a burst of energy when we got home!) But I have a feeling that's how the whole season is going to be, with not getting to watch the entire game most of the games, especially on school nights. Our mornings just start too early to stay up too late (and Grace is used to a 7:30 bedtime, so "late" is pretty early for her!)

That's about it for now. I'll try to be more regular with posting, but no promises!

1 comment:

Ells said...

what a sweet girl you have! Can't wait for your new little one, my friend! :)