Sunday, January 17, 2010

Friends in Haiti

For those who read this who aren't on facebook, I want to share about some of our friends, Corrigan and Shelley Clay. They are missionaries in Haiti, running a non-profit aimed at helping families stay intact. (Many children who are in orphanages in Haiti have living parents who can not afford to keep them.) We have been praying for them since news of the earthquake came out. After a long, prayer-filled night Tuesday night, we found out they were alive and unhurt on Wednesday morning. They have been taking care of people in their front yard, as their house is iffy on how safe it is to be inside. Without medical training, they have been running a makeshift clinic, helping to clean out wounds and bandage them.

They posted a blog today about how to help best in the aftermath of the earthquake. I know everyone is saying "Give here, give there", but this comes from someone who is on the ground and sees how needs are (or aren't) being met. Please take a few minutes to read their blog and at least pray for them as God uses them to minister to their friends.


http://apparentproject.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

The Zinn family said...

Wow, what an amazing site. I read the first post, but had to read more. It is crazy when you remember that the rest of the world isn't this white middle class family in the middle of the US. I hate to say that I get seriously drawn up in my life and it is pathetic. The serious things people are going through, and not just the quake. Some of the other stories on her page were insane and so touching. Thanks for sharing.