This is a huge bragging post! Grace got some paints for Christmas. She got some regular water colors and some of those new paints that are brushes and paints all in one. I finally let her use them. We set everything up on her picnic table, put on her painting apron (another present), and got started. She had a blast painting. Most of it was normal 2-year old stuff, with dots and lines and no real shapes anywhere. She was doing mainly abstract art. Then she said, "I want to paint Frosty the Snowman." She drew a circle (which I knew she could do). Then she shocked me by adding eyes and a mouth! First time I've seen her do that! I was amazed. But she didn't stop there! Here's the finished painting.
I'm still amazed at how well she did! (On the left side, the arm is very, very light, but it's there too!) It's the first time I've seen her do anything more than random stuff. Even with pens and markers, she doesn't really draw things. She was so proud of her "Frosty the Snowman."
She painted several other paintings, including one for each set of grandparents. She was so excited to give my parents theirs today when we met up with them. We'll have to mail the painting to John's parents soon. I'm sure she'll have a huge stack of paintings soon! She loves painting now!
Ok, I'm done bragging... for now. :)
1 comment:
Hey thats a huge thing for us mommy's. Jamie drew his first real looking person on his magna doodle and I took a picture of it. I don't know why, but this milestone kinda starts the pace for so many others. Tell her that I thought it looked beautiful!
Post a Comment