Sunday, August 8, 2010

In the kitchen

Last week, I was in a baking mood. I knew I wanted chocolate, and I had a ton of peanut butter that I needed to use. I searched for a recipe with both and found a great one! I made peanut butter brownies. I already packed my 8x8 pan, so I decided to make them into cupcakes. I love making things in cupcake sizes because they are already portioned and there is less mess. Grace wanted to help. She loves helping in the kitchen. I always measure things out and let her dump the stuff in. It takes twice as long to prep whatever I'm making, but I love turning her into a little chef. She comes from a family who loves to be in the kitchen! Both sides of our family loves to cook, and she's following in our footsteps. Here's the brownies.


Grace also LOVES pizza! It is probably her favorite meal, but we don't get it very often, since John isn't the biggest fan. (It is the most-consumed food when he is with a team, so he gets very tired of it!) He wasn't home for dinner one night, so I decided to make some. I'm still searching for that perfect crust. This one isn't it, but I'm going to try it again with some slight changes to see if it works better. But if I ever want a pan-pizza crust, I know what recipe to use! Check out how much this pizza rose!



Grace devoured her slice! Next time, I think I'll cut the dough in half, but still roll it out as big. Maybe then I'll have the perfect pizza crust! And of course, I let Grace help with making it. I put the sauce on and she spread it around with a spoon. Then she sprinkled the cheese and carefully placed all the pepperonis. It was so cute!

1 comment:

The Zinn family said...

Oh man those cupcakes look amazing, I would love the recipe. I always have so much peanut butter. You should post the recipe for me :O)