Monday, April 25, 2011

Roses from Susie

When I lived in Bellville, every time Susie got flowers, she'd give me some. She often received roses from friends for her birthday and for mother's day. (Despite not having any biological children, she was still honored as a mom by many of her friends!) She always said that she just needed a few to enjoy and wanted me to enjoy the rest of them. She'd split up her dozen roses and give me several.

At her funeral, the casket flower display was roses. After the graveside service, her nephew began pulling roses out to pass out to the women. I was handed several (one for each of the girls in my family). I took a picture (and just transferred the pictures to my computer). Here are my last roses from Susie. As usual, I was able to brighten up my house for over a week because of roses from her.


No comments: