Grace is our little princess. She is a girly-girl who loves to wear skirts and dresses. She plays dress-up with her princess dresses any chance she gets. Yesterday, she spent most of the morning/early afternoon wearing her Cinderella wedding dress, complete with veil. John came home from a meeting and decided to join me on my errands. I told Grace to go get dressed so we could go to the mall. She ran into her room and came out with a shirt and skirt. I told her, "Grace, those don't really match." She looked at them and responded, "But Mommy, they both have flowers on them. They go together." I laughed and said, "Well, put them on." She got dressed, and to my surprise, put her veil back on! I said, "Grace, you really need to leave that at home." She said, "But I want to wear it!" I relented, thinking she'd take it off in the car.
We got to the mall after making a couple of other stops where she didn't get out. She had been wearing the veil for probably 30 minutes in the car, but she still wasn't ready to take it off! She was determined to wear it in the mall. (I told her I'd let her wear it if she let me take a picture, and she had to smile for it.)
People everywhere just smiled at her. She looked adorable! I don't know that she even noticed all the attention she was getting! She was just having fun with her family and enjoying being a princess.
No comments:
Post a Comment