Monday, July 4, 2011

Just a quick update

I didn't intend for this blog to just be about Annabelle lately, but that is what it has become. Sorry! One more quick update to her- she is no longer nursing! She weaned about a month ago, right at 14 months. I was prepared to nurse her longer because of her allergy, but when she was able to drink milk, I asked the nutritionist when I could wean. She said once Annabelle was drinking 24 ounces of whole milk in a day, it was fine to wean. She doesn't seem to miss it, and I don't either!

Life is good for us. We found a rental house, so we are really looking forward to no more apartment living! It has been a really long year for us, with extremely loud neighbors who share the wall of the girls' room. Our new house is about 5 houses down from one of my closest friends here, and she has 2 girls that Grace is good friends with. We are all very excited about the move. I'm not looking forward to packing up and then unpacking, but we hope to stay in this house until we are ready to buy our own.

Grace has really enjoyed her daddy being home this summer. She's had some great daddy-daughter time with him. Annabelle is finally getting closer to him too, and just this week, she cried when he gave her to me. She only wanted him! That was a first! Normally it is the other way around when I give her to anyone else. I'm glad she is becoming a daddy's girl too.

No comments: