We had a great weekend this past weekend! My best friend from high school got married. I was a bridesmaid, so the festivities began Friday night with the rehearsal and dinner. We had wonderful Italian food and visited with old and new friends. Saturday morning, my sister came over to fix my hair before photos at 2. Well, photos were supposed to be at 2. We were supposed to all meet at 1:30 to get dressed and leave the house at 2, but it took a little longer than that. We didn't end up leaving until 3, but the photo shoot was on the way to the church, so we were able to squeeze in a few pictures. They turned out really well. The wedding was a blast. The back of the sanctuary is a glass wall, but the groom didn't want to see the bride until she was at the door, so he closed his eyes. But the pastor forgot to tell him she was coming in! The pastor's wife was waving frantically from the back to get her husband's attention to tell the groom, so by the time the groom opened his eyes, the bride was halfway up the aisle! But his expression was priceless. After the wedding, the pictures were the fastest I've ever been a part of! On to the reception. I don't think I've ever had so much fun at a wedding reception! It was my first time to ever dance with my husband. (We didn't dance at our reception, and we've just never been anywhere to go dancing together.) We had so much fun, dancing the night away!
We left Grace with some girls down the street from my mom. We used to babysit them when they were Grace's age! They took Grace back down to their house to play for a while, as that family has 9 kids. She was a little fussy, but overall did really well for them. I had been a little nervous about it, since I haven't left Grace with a babysitter other than our parents in so long, and, other than the nursery at church and Bible study, not with "strangers" (to her) ever. She's been hesitant around the students at John's school, so I didn't know how she'd handle these teenagers. But she was great!
Sunday, we had a lazy day at my mom's. I had a headache most of the day, so I didn't do much. But Grace got to play with her cousins, which she always loves. My dad took some pics of the 3 girls, and I'll put them on my facebook whenever I get them. John went to the Texans game with our brother-in-law and his brother, and another friend. (He keeps finding really, really cheap tickets! They were nose-bleed seats, but at least he got to go!) I always enjoy spending time with my family, so I was grateful for that extra time while he was at the game.
No comments:
Post a Comment