Thursday, October 30, 2008

Markers

My sister gave Grace some of those cool markers that only write on the special paper. They are so cool! They are white tipped, but somehow react to the paper and show up in color! Grace LOVES them!! If I need her to be distracted by something, like when I'm getting ready or cleaning or whatever, I give her the bag of markers and the book and just let her at it! I don't have to worry about her messing up her clothes or the carpet or couches or walls, which is really nice. She'll color for a long time!! But the only time I don't like these markers is when it's time to put them away. Grace loves them so much that she throws a FIT when I take them away!! It's awful!! She's getting to where she throws fits any time she doesn't get her way, or especially when we take something away from her if she's not supposed to have it or if it's time to put it away. Not fun! A friend gave me a book to read today during Bible study. It's called "To train up a child". Hopefully that will help some! We'll see what it has to say. John and I don't really want to spank her. I know some people are for spanking, and that's ok, but it's a personal choice for us, so we are trying to find a form of discipline that doesn't include spanking. Hopefully this book will have some good tips. 

No comments: