Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Mommy's little helper

Grace has become my little helper lately! She loves to help me any way she can. When I unload the dishwasher, I take out all the knives first, and then she hands me everything from the bottom rack, one item at a time. Then she pushes the rack in and closes the door, although sometimes she does it before I'm finished with the top rack! She's been helping me with the laundry too. I'll fold everything, and when it's time to put it away, I'll give her a stack, and I'll take a stack, and I'll say, "Ok, Grace this goes in Mommy and Daddy's room." She takes off for our room! Then we put it away, and she runs back to the living room to get another stack. When we put her clothes away, she puts them in the drawers I've opened, and then closes the drawer. She'll run back and forth between the living room and other rooms until every thing is put away. It's so cute!! She just laughs and acts so proud of herself! I love it! The other day, when we came back from the grocery store, she helped me pull everything out of the bags so I could put it away. I'm continually amazed at how much she's growing up and changing every day. 

Prayer request- please pray for John's family. His grandmother was diagnosed a month ago with terminal cancer and given 6-12 months without treatment, 12-18 with treatment, so she opted for treatement. Unfortuantely, it hasn't been going well, and today she  was given about 3 weeks to live. Please pray for peace and comfort during this time. Thank you for keeping us in your prayers.

1 comment:

ArmyforChrist said...

That's so fun that she is such a helper. John loves to "help" by taking apart my piles of clothes! He does help me unload the silverware in the dishwasher, but the plates have ended up on the floor, so I haven't braved letting him help me with those again! We will be praying for your family. We are going through a similar situation with my grandpa, so I can relate.