Monday, September 29, 2008

At the park

Today had one of those moments that all moms dread. As my friend and I sat on the park bench talking, Grace was sliding off to the concrete sidewalk.  She had already done it several times, but somehow she lost her footing this time and face-planted into the sidewalk. It was awful!! She cried so hard! She bumped her head pretty bad and skinned her knee. Luckily, I live within walking distance of the park, so we rushed home to take care of her wounds. After I washed her off, I had to go borrow Neosporin from my neighbor, as I haven't stocked up my medicine cabinet yet. Then I tried to put something cold on her head, but she wouldn't have it. We've been able to trick her before with a frozen Gogurt (but thinking back to that, I think it was her hand that hurt, so holding the frozen treat actually worked then), but it didn't work today. I gave her some Tylenol, and then I read on WebMD not to do that. Ugh. (She fell once at the German dr.'s office, and they gave her something similar to Tylenol, so that's why I gave it to her.) I was waiting for her doctor to call back, but it took a while, so I just monitored her. It didn't take long for her to be back to her normal, bubbly, silly self. It was just so scary to see her hit her head. The dr's office finally called back, and said that I didn't do anything wrong and to keep monitoring her. Whew! That was a relief!

I was at the park today because I made a new friend, and we have decided to start walking together 3 times a week. She has a 3-month old, so Grace loves looking at the baby, pointing and saying "Baby!" I've very thankful for this new friendship and for having a workout partner! I really need someone to get me moving again! 

1 comment:

Andi said...

So glad she is okay. I'm always so scared of that happening to Isaiah. I know it will one day..kids are kids.