Grace has finally weaned! I nursed her for 15 and a half months. I always planned on self-weaning, as long as it was over 12 months, but really didn't know when that would be. Grace loved nursing, and I didn't think she'd ever want to stop! But this week, she did! I guess she was too distracted by her cousins being here that she was ready to stop. I'm very proud of us for nursing so long. A few people didn't think I'd even make it a year, so I'm very glad I made it past that. I'm very glad I'm done, but I don't regret nursing as long as we did. I realize that to some people, I did it too long, and others will think that was nothing compared to what they or others have done, but I didn't nurse for anyone but Grace. It was the perfect amount of time for us. I honestly didn't think she'd self-wean. I thought I would have to stop her. But she didn't ask for milk the last several mornings, and I didn't offer. So we're done! Now if I can only get her to drink cow's milk!
Grace now weighs 21 lbs! She is 30 inches tall. She's around the 25th percentile for both height and weight, but she just looks so small to me! She's still in 12 month clothes. I guess she takes after my size of the family with being petite!
2 comments:
I think you did a great job nursing her! Good for you! Don't worry about what other people think! I always tell myself: The people that matter don't mind and the people that mind don't matter! Love ya!
I so wish I could have nursed John longer, but being pregnant with another one, caused a lot of stress on my body. Thankfully he pretty much weaned himself. His last feeding was his 1 year b-day. :o(
Post a Comment