We are enjoying the nice break in Texas weather. We've had the a/c off and the windows open. It reminds me of Germany. I've missed having the fresh air flowing through the house. I hope the weather stays like this for a while. It's been really nice.
Tuesday, September 16, 2008
Kindness of friends
The kindness of others never ceases to amaze me . When people here found out that John and I were hosting 7 family members, they all asked if we needed anything and offered stuff beyond what they normally have. One family has chickens, and they give us eggs any time we ask for them, but this time, John brought home 3 dozen eggs! One woman in my Bible study had offered last week to give us some frozen meat they had stored in their freezer. I got her phone number today and stopped by to get the meat. Her freezer was so full! She said to get as much as I wanted, so I filled a box with what I could fit in my freezer. She offered her spare rooms to my family too. And she said that when my family is ready to head home, they can have the extra ice that was in the freezer in case the electricity went out last weekend. How sweet of her! She told me that any time I needed more meat, just come on over and fill up! We are so grateful for that!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I love hearing how the body of Christ comes together to help others. This is how it should be!!! This post filled me with excitement!!! I'm so thankful you guys are getting to be blessed after all the blessing you do and have done.
Post a Comment