Who knew our little apartment could hold so many people? My mom, older sister with her husband and 2 kids, and my twin sister and her husband are all here, seeking a place with electricity and running water. It's fun to have this many people here. My mom and twin sister and husband will sleep at my neighbor's house, and the others will stay here. We're not sure how long everyone will be here, but we'll have fun while they are! Talk about quality time together. :)
I talked to my best friend from high school, finally. Her house was spared! I was so grateful when I heard that. They lost their fence in the back yard, but that was it. I was so glad they weren't flooded!
2 comments:
Yay for family and for houses being spared!
I'm glad that you guys all made it through with minimal damage. I was wondering if you would be able to update, or if power was out. I'm thankful you didn't get the brunt of the storm. I keep watching for news of where my bro and sis-in-law live in Galveston. They both evacuated, and they live in a "garage" apt, so I'm pretty sure they didn't get too much damage, but it could be a while b4 they can go back. I understand the helpless feeling. I want to go volunteer as a nurse (we did for Katrina), but Chris said they probably won't let me being 8 mos prego. Booo.
Post a Comment