Monday, September 8, 2008

Yesterday was a nice day. We went out to lunch with the pastor and his wife of the church we've been visiting. They treated us, which was awesome. It was good to talk to them to find out about what the church has to offer and for them to get to know us. We told them we still want to visit another church before we decide where to go permanently. 

Unfortunately, Grace didn't do so well. She didn't sleep well the night before and woke up at 6:30, soaked. By the time I changed her PJs, diaper, and sheet, she didn't want to go back to sleep. I tried to get her to just sleep in our bed, but she wanted to get up. So by the time we went to church, it was nap time. Then we pushed her for 4 more hours before she could sleep.(Church plus lunch) Not good! She was overly tired, and then she only slept for 1 hour for a nap. She was so tired, but just screamed and cried. I don't know if she's cutting a new tooth, or what, but something's gotta give! She's had several nights where she's woken up in the middle of the night, just crying. She hasn't done that in months! But she's done it for several nights in a row. Yuck! She had been spoiling me by sleeping 12 hours every night without waking up. Hopefully this will end soon!

Saturday, when I was walking on the square, I noticed a new shop called "The Cake Box." It wasn't been there last time I drove through the square. They sell decorated cakes! I had been told that there wasn't a good place in town to get them, so she just landed in a great place! I went to visit the shop today. It's a little sandwich shop. She opened it to get more cake business (she's been selling from her house for 5 years,which technically is illegal, but she did it, like a lot of people do), but she's had most of her business from the sandwich and cookie side of things. I gave her my name and contact info and told her that if she ever needs an extra set of hands for decorating to call me. I went in there with Grace, and she asked what I'd do with her, and I said I'd get childcare, but because of that,  I don't think she'll call. I did tell her that if she needed help at night, I could help because my husband would be home. I mentioned that I'd love to watch how she decorates cakes too. She took a class from Bronwen Weber, a professional decorator who is on Food Network Challenges. Lucky her! I really want to take a cake class. The closest one is an hour away, though, so I'll have to wait until John's schedule isn't so crazy in the evenings. 

I've been reading way too much on a cake website, and now I want to go decorate a cake! I told John that he should have a contest with his students for the next test, that whichever class has the highest average, they get a cake. I don't know if that's fair, so maybe we'll do something else to get rid of it, but I just want to make a cake, but don't want it around the house for me to be tempted to eat. 

No comments: