Friday, September 12, 2008
Storm update
The storm has turned slightly, so we are no longer in the direct path of the eye. But we're still definitely in the path of the storm. It stretches over 200 miles across, I think. We're ready for the storm. We have flashlights, candles, water, food, etc. We're preparing for the worst, but hoping for the best. I'm a little worried for the rest of my family, who are in the direct path of the storm. But they are all prepared, and we've all gone through storms before. (We experienced Alicia, the last major hurricane to hit Houston, and we remember several tropical storms over the years.) It's hard to be in this waiting game, just watching to see what happens. I heard one newscaster mention 36 hours until it's over. Wow, that's a long time. Then, of course, we have to deal with the aftermath. I'm praying it's not too bad!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment