Please pray for us over this weekend! Thanks!
Thursday, September 11, 2008
On an evacuation route
Our town is on an evacuation route, and you can definitely tell that today! The hwy was very busy today, when it's normally not. There were police at the 2 stoplights we have in town, waving people through, instead of letting people follow the lights, to keep the flow moving. I normally drive about 20 minutes to the grocery story (since Walmart and HEB are cheaper!) but I didn't want to get stuck in the evacuation traffic heading that way. I stopped at the local store today, and it was so crowded. They were already out of bread and bananas, and were low on other supplies. We're hoping and praying that we keep electricity, but one of the forecasts has the eye going very close to us, so I'm trying to prepare myself for not having some. We have an ice chest and some ice, so we can last a couple of days, and we have some non-perishable foods too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment