Saturday, April 25, 2009

Quick takes

I saw on another blog where she did "5 quick takes" and thought that was a great way to blog when you have several little things to say that won't fill a blog post. I'll put them together! 

1. Just when I thought, "Surely, I'm completely acclimated to living in the US again", something happened that made me laugh. I was counting with Grace, and I was counting on my fingers. For one, I put out my thumb, like the Germans do!! I had to laugh at myself!

2. This week has been a busy week. Grace went to my mom and dad's Sunday-Tuesday, and I had the busiest Monday I've had in a long time. I spoke in junior high and high school chapel in the morning, sharing my testimony. Then I vacuumed and steam-cleaned both my neighbor's and my living room. (Exhausting!) Then I went to the high school baseball game for 3 hours! I was so glad I had made enough dinner the night before for leftovers!

3. Grace has another double ear infection... or still has the one she had before Easter. I'm not fully convinced it ever went away. Now she's on stronger antibiotics. And I guess my sharing lessons have worked too well, as she lovingly shared her cold with me. 

4. Last night I attended my first Relay for Life event. My neighbor Susie invited me to join her. I sat with her in her tent for a couple of hours, watching the opening ceremony and survivors walk. It was really neat to see so many people there, supporting the cause.


No comments: