Friday was a busy day for me. I made my niece's birthday cake, so I started off baking all morning. It was a fun cake to make, but took a long time. My in-laws wanted to take Little Miss and I out to lunch, so we went to a very yummy Tex-Mex restaurant. Our little girl is such a friendly little girl! She made friends with the hostess. Everytime she walked by, they would smile and "talk" to each other. It was so cute!! After lunch, I worked on the cake some more before heading to the 2nd game of the weekend. This time it was the high school game, and it wasn't much better than the first. But we had a lot of fun. I got to talk to several people at the game and get to know some more local people. I spent most of the game talking to one woman. We found out that we know the same missionaries in 2 different countries! What a small world we live in! She invited us to visit her church. They are starting a "Love and Respect" marriage series in a couple of weeks, and I've really been wanting to take it. (They offered it several times in Germany, but we were never able to go.) So we're going to visit that church next. I came away from the game feeling more at home. It was nice.
I got up early Saturday morning to go to my sister's to finish the cake. It was such a fun cake to do!
It is supposed to be crooked. :) It's a "Topsy-turvy" cake. Everyone loved it!! It was exactly what my niece wanted. She was so excited about it.
The rest of the weekend, we just hung out. My in-laws sent us on a date so they could babysit, so that was really nice. We enjoyed some alone-time away from our little munchkin. We love her, but we need date times!
My in-laws flew back home yesterday. After I dropped them off at the airport, I went to visit my brother. Grace loved his 2 dogs!! It was so fun to watch her look at them through the window.
Today, I'm cleaning and resting. It's nice to have a lazy day again where I'm not going anywhere (except maybe the park, if it's not too hot, which it probably will be. haha) I think the Little Miss would rebel against a car seat if I tried to put her in one again today.
1 comment:
The cake is amazing! I want to know how you did that! I made John's b-day cake and it was not nearly as well done, as much as I would have liked it to be. Oh well, he enjoyed it! :o)
Post a Comment